Re: [IP] Insulin Pumpers Giving Up

 I hate to tell you, but, now I'm getting cold feet
>all of the sudden.
>My doctor happened to mention that she had 28 patients on the pump,
>however, she also had 27 patients go on the pump and then go off it
>because they weren't happy with it. This surprised me! Then when I read
>John's note with regards to this when I got home, I was even more
>surprised. 89% sounds really high as does 50% in my mind.
>The above as well as the problem of site infections are kind of eating
>at my brain right now.
>I wonder how we can get the stats on Insulin Pumpers giving up?
>
>Jo
    Hang in there Jo. I find it extremely difficult to believe that 27
pumpers quit in the United States especially in one area. . . . .  Please
reconsider and go for the pump. If your dock has so many that quit you ought
to be able to pick one up for pocket change !!!! <big grin> You only go
around once. . . . go for the pump. You won't be sorry.

Trust me,

Buddy '-)   email @ redacted