Re: [IP] # of carbs required

Sara,

>150 g of CHO is only 600 calories (150 x 4).  Most people are not on 600
>calorie diets.  Your 120 grams of CHO is only 480 calories!!!  Most dieticians
>will tell you your body needs at least maybe 900-1200 calories (YMMV) just to
>live or your metabolism will slow WAY down and you will NOT lose weight.  You
>also HAVE to have some protein and fat for the variety of things these foods
>provide.  If you are like me, you have to watch your protein (also 4 calories
>per gram).

I am on 1200 calories a day.  This is what it looks like:

breakfast - 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 protein, 1 fat
lunch - 2 starch, 1 fruit, 1-2 protein, 1-2 fat
dinner - 2 starch, 1 fruit, 2 protein, 1-2 fat
snack - 1 starch, 1 protein

floating snack - 1 starch

This = 135g of carbs.  In Canada, a starch choice is equal to 68 calories
or 15 grams  of carb.  I think that is lower that US exchanges.

This gives me 135g a day.  I usually don't eat the floating snack unless my
sugar is low in the afternoon.

This has basically been what I have eaten, in theory, for 18 years.  I do
stick to it now.

So wadda ya think?  Is it too low?  It did come from a registered
dietician, which we all know means that it is perfect {barfing sounds}.

I think I have a low metabolism.  I am always cold and tend to feel low
energy and sluggish, even when my sugars are really good.

Cure me, oh great Goddess!!!!

Janine

Vancouver, BC, Canada