[IP] Re: Auto-Immune Diseases

Hi all:

I was diagnosed with Type I diabetes July '93.  Apparently, I am one of the
rare people of middle-age to be so diagnosed.   Have had Addison's Disease
since age 15.  A.D. is also an auto-immune disease.  No thyroid problems, but
several other minor auto-immune problems over the years.

Started on the pump just before Xmas, '97.  My glucose readings have leveled
off, except for an occasional high carb. meal or pump, etc. malfunction.
Since I have to take 2 types of steroids to control A.D., it can be a real
challenge to keep my blood sugars below 150.

Question:  Are there any other Addison's Disease people out there, or is it
just me and John Kennedy, Jr.?

Iona (email @ redacted)