Re: [IP] Re:

email @ redacted wrote:

> I finally have a moment to post my diet. I see a homeopathic
> nutritionist on a regular basis. When I was taking shots she helped me
> reduce my insulin requirements by 2/3rds.
>
> Dr. Peter D'Adamo had continued his father's studies for many years on
> blood types. They found that different bloodtypes produce different
> enzymes. The idea is to digest food easily, so that nothing will linger
> in your digestive system allowing your bg to stay elevated. Most insulin
> dependents are type A's. I am, and therefore eat the foods they describe
> for my bloodtype. Red meats are not suggested because type A's can't
> digest and metabolize effeciently and ends up getting stored as fat. Soy
> is the best protein. Some forms of fish and beans are excellent. But
> unfotunately dairy products are not great unless low fat. My father is
> typ O. He thrives on red meat- it speeds up his metabolism. He followed
> this and lost 25 pds snacking on hot dogs(healthy ones-no msg etc.).
> There is a book he wrote for more info: Eat Right for your type. But as
> I learned through my sessions with my nutritionist diabetics must modify
> due to how slow or fast some foods break down to glucose.
>
> In addition to this I do not combine foods. In general, my meals are
> either carbs and vegetables or protein and vegetables. But I try not to
> combine protein and carbs. There are different enzymes produced for
> protein and carbs, when they crash it slows down the digestive process.
> It is important to balance both kind of meals. I can have my reccomended
> fruits one hour after a meal is best. Wheat is an excellent food to
> avoid! As adults we cannot break down the gluten, it slowly decomposes.
> I look for wheat free products there are plenty available. Watch out for
> popcorn- corn will cause you bg to rise because it so easily turns into
> sugar while being digested. A good ref book is Food Combining Made
> Easy,it's hard to find.
>
> I also supplement my diet. I take Megazyme (pancreatic enzymes -to
> strengthen pacreas, aid in digestion) and digestive enzymes, Enzymes
> 2000. I take them before a meal. There are other vitamins like Magnesium
> which helps me with my hypothyroidism, etc.
>
> Remember, This is healthy- not a diet to loose weight unless you watch
> your carb intake and porion control. You will naturally loose some
> excess pds.
>
> Rona

  Rona,
Are these nutritional ideas also good for loosing weight?  Does the Mg help
for thyroid problems.  I take synthroid, have type O blood, and am type 1
diabetic.  I would like to try your nutritional ideas.  I know Suzanne
Somers has a book with similiar ideas on how to combine food groups.  Tell
me more about what type O blood type diabetics should eat and avoid eating..
THANX for your advice.
Marilyn