[IP] Glucowatch

Hi Gang,
The following was sent to me through some diabetic group. I'm not sure which
one or how long I've had the info. It was in a file I am cleaning out.
    Katie

Glucowatch,

he most promising non-invasive bg meter is the Glucowatch, developed by
Cygnus Corporation. It s supposed to be on the market this year. The
machine, like a small watch, uses a transdermal pad attached to your skin,
and provides continuous monitoring of the bg along one day. You need to buy
the watch (cost will be near U$S 300) and a U$S 3 transdermal pad per day.
You can get a complete profile of the watch in www.childrenwithdiabetes.com
under "products" and "non invasive blood glucose monitoring methods". In
addition, Cygnus adress is the following:

Cygnus, Incorporated
Corporate Communications
400 Penobscot Drive
Redwood City, CA 94063
(415) 369-4300
  Cygnus' Fax on Demand Service
(201) 433-6763

    Hope this info will be useful for you. Regards,
    Silvio Moreira - "The Sweet Side of Life" - The only radio show about
diabetes worldwide.

Someone posted this url in the last few days -- sorry, I don't remeber who it
was.  Take a look at http://www.techchem.com and use the page to link to
theirglucose sensor which is about to go into clinical trials.  Their prelims
look good.  Like the glucowatch or the Integ system, this also uses a
transdermal patch to gather interstitial fluid.