Re: [IP] Re: drawbacks

The magic number "42" is different for everyone.  This is the approximate
number of mg/dl that your BG will decrease with a 1-unit bolus.  It's also
different for most people based on their BG level, i.e., if you're above 240
or so, a 1-unit bolus may not drop your BG as much as it would if you were
at 160.
This number also changes over time, and should occasionally be recalculated.

HTH,
DanO
--------