Re: [IP] A1C and efficacy of regimen

I am the few on a pump with my endo and I'm in a rather large metropolitan
area.  It is very true that the large (by far) majority of doctors are not
only uninformed about the pump and even diabetes, but they are reluctant to
prescribe something that they find so difficult to understand.  Diabetes, in
itself, is so complicated.  In school, we learned that at times they didn't
even want to refer to type II diabetics as diabetes, they wanted to rename the
disease.  It is a constant cause of confusion.
My problem with all the bashing is I still, after 20 years of nursing, (12 yrs
of orthopedics and 6 years with cancer pts), cry along with my patients.  It
hurts me to see my pts cry when they know they'll be undergoing chemo again.
The nausea, loss of hair, loss of control over their medical condition.  It
breaks my heart.  I've experienced cervical cancer x 2 (tx with surgery,
successfully for 4 yrs now), I have a heart condition and the Type I diabetes
on the pump.  I still feel very fortunate, however.  The pump has really given
me some control back in my life.  I just thought I could share some of my
varied experiences with others and maybe get some help, advice and feedback.
That's all I was looking for.  I don't know anyone else on the pump.
Everything else I have, there's tons of support out there and I don't even
feel like I need that.  Just you guys, that's all.
Judy P.