Re: [IP] A1C and efficacy of regimen

Rose:
     I agree completely!! We should all focus less on A1Cs I think & more on
"quality of life".....Even after 2 years of pumping, Melissa is STILL "fine-
tuning"...No, the pump is NOT a cure (as is often stated here), but my
personal favorite "often stated here" comment by so many "pumpers" is the "gee
- I can eat when I'm hungry - NOT because I'm forced to, in order to "keep up"
with an NPH injection!!!" And, along with that thought, goes the ability to be
able to eat WHENEVER!!!!!  I can still picture Melissa's crestfallen face when
her Sunday school teacher was serving apples & honey to the kids mid-morning
to celebrate a holiday...and despite my repeated explanations about not only
monitoring WHAT she ate, but also WHEN she ate.. kept insisting Melissa could
eat the apples because it was fruit, not candy!!!

Renee (aka "pump-mom")