Re: [IP] A1C and efficacy of regimen

BrianB9672 wrote:

> I always heard that the A1C is not the average of the bg's but a record of
> every time they go above a certain level (140?).  But I could be wrong.

What I've been told is that the A1c measures the damage caused to hemoglobin
by glucose, across the board. A low glucose does a smaller amount of damage
than a higher glucose, which is why it's called an "average", it reflects
both highs and lows. Blood doesn't know how to count.... <Grin>

Ted Quick