Re: [IP] A1C and efficacy of regimen

I have to agree 100+% with Sara about great A1Cs.  Ravi had some great
A1Cs prepump, but all they showed was the average of his sugars.  To get
an average of anything you add all the numbers together and divide by the
number of numbers you have.  I'm sure it is a little more scientific than
that but that is the basis.  When you have lows low enough to off set the
really high highs, then you end up with a great A1Cs.  When you have
enough 20s, 30s, and 40s, you can off set a lot of 300s and 400s.
Wouldn't you all agree that an A1C of 6.8 isn't too bad?  Now with more
of his bgs in target range, I have a little more faith in the average we
get.

Rose(aka mom of Ravi who has been pumping 4.5 months now)

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]