RE: [IP] Hooked up for 1 week

Vicki...I'm so happy for you.....my 2 year pump anniversary is coming up in April...These have been the best 2 years of my life as far as my health is concerned....I'm so happy for you......everyday you'll learn something new...and everyday you'll appreciate all the things that you never could do before.....like sleeping in,skipping meals....and NO ROLLER COASTER rides with BGs.....
good luck to you and HAPPY PUMPING..!!!!!!!!

Rhonda
----------

Last Monday, I started my training for the pump and have been pumping
for a whole week now.  My insulin requirements have dropped by 50% and
I've lost 9 pounds (just to show you that multiple injections are not
the answer -- I was always shooting more insulin, bg's dropping, and
eating more to try to keep level).  I spent the week with my
diabetologist, Dr. Edward Etkind, my diabetes educator, Emily
Keane-Layman, and my pump partner, Jim Veilette.  Aside from sore
fingers from hourly bg tests, I feel so much better.  Emily and Dr.
Etkind have prepared my for almost every possibility, and while I still
have daily contact with them, I feel I can see where adjustments need to
be made at the same time they do.  It's given me a new sense of control
and freedom.  It was intense, exhausting training, but worth every
second of it.  Now why didn't I do this sooner?
Vicki McDonald
New Haven, CT

Unrecognized Data: application/ms-tnef