[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V2 #149

     In responce to my 'elder brother' buddy (though not by very much and
     I'm pretty sure I've got you beat on years total and certain on years
     on pump)

     >Sara will have a Barbie doll with your name on it sticking rusty
     >nails and pins. . . . LOL

     I have a kit for making dolls of doctors into which any medical device
     which has been used on oneself can be inserted (as painfully as
     possible) for their OWN enjoyment.  I also am an expert at choosing
     the WRONG site for an IV so if anyone needs advice as to what'll be
     worse for them than what they did to .....

     > I completely agree that especially today it is very difficult for
     > the medical community to stay abreast of all the new and innovative
     > products and procedures that are blessing us.

     Then the medical staff of hospitals and Drs offices should minimally
     know enough to say "I don't know about this, you should find a doctor
     who does".

     >It takes a special person, and one with special interests to focus on
     >one particular aspect. (I am really straining this "hick" education)
     >I think we should consider ourselves lucky when we happen to meet one
     >of these professionals that have concentrated on exactly what we need
     >and were at the right place in time to meet them.

     I'll give you many points on this, but, again, if a Doctor don't know
     he shouldn't fake it.  I have (thank G-d) had doctors tell me they
     didn't know, weren't sure, etc and that I should get to an xxxxx or
     maybe ask xxxxx about things.  I've also had doctors who 'promised' a
     'cure' (sorry, no money back guarentees).

     ---- off topic, page here if no interest ------

     >This old world may not be the best place to live all the time but it
     >is a Great place most of the time. Praise the Lord you were lucky
     >enough to make it to this point. I do. . . . .

     Absolutely.  Bless his name that we are here today and NOT 35 years
     ago (and if anyone wants to know the difference, please feel free to
     send an e-mail to me).

     I am firmly of the belief that nothing is of chance, that G-d makes
     all things happen to the tiniest of degree.  Why one has diabetes and
     one does not most of us cannot guess but I would venture to say that
     all of us could find SOMEthing that happened (or didn't) due to it
     that we would be awefully unthankfull for had it occured.  I also have
     found most long term diabetics have a much different view of life than
     others (as I've told many people: most people have to THINK and ACT to
     commit suicide.  I have to THINK and ACT to stop my body from it).