[IP] water on pump

Hi I have a MM 507 and love to fish.  I was wading on unfamiliar river
last Sept. and stepped in a hole.  Needless to say, I was quite worried
about what happened to my pump without it's spot guard on.  I was quite
wet, and the pump was fine, but the leather case was soaked.  After air
drying, as best as I could, and checking bgs to see everything was cool,
I enjoyed my fly fishing.  It was a great day, 3 steelhead, and 5 silver
salmon, and a dog salmon.  This was in Ak. so it could have been a
disaster  to my trip!  Don't know if MM 507 are supposed to be dunked,
but my did ok.  Laurie B.