Re: [IP] Highs on humalog

> > It sounds like everyone who mixes something with Humalog for the pump uses
> > Velosolin. Is that buffered, or is it another name for Regular?
>
> It's NovoNordisk version of R, but it's also buffered. Lilly now has BR,
> a direct equivalent, but it really shouldn't matter if it's buffered
> or not. I have used Velosulin, R, and BR in my pump with no noticeable
> difference.

Apparently it is important that when mixing insulins that the carrier
fluid be the same so there are no interactions.

I would assume (bad... bad...) that Lilly's insulins have the same
carrier.  A careful reading of their literature (it is on-line, link
on website) would probably confirm this. Since they show numerous
examples of mixing H with a variety of their other insulins it should
be OK to mix H with their R.  I know from experience with Lily that
mixing H and Velosulin is OK.

Michael