Re: [IP] DOC'S APPROVAL FOR PUMP THERAPY

Jo,
    Depending on what you are calling good control and how you feel. It will
have to be your decision to change doctors after 28 years. On the other hand
if this doctor has been practicing better that 28 years maybe it is time for
her to let some new blood make these decisions.
    Personally, I have only a "Family Practitioner", a retired surgeon, and
he was more that happy to write the "letter of necessity" and prescription.
This doctor is over 70 years old but is very up to date on the modern
technologies. When I ask him if he would support me and a pump he told me to
go for it. I was the one to get all the wheels turning.
    I would say that 95% of all my BG's are now in the normal range. The big
advantage of the pump is this GREAT feeling you get from the lack of NPH.
(????)
    You mentioned no complications after 28 years. . . . I had none after 28
years but the past 11 have been the killer. Heart disease, retinopathy,
neuropathy, circulation problems, you name it. The heart attacks were the
determining factor. Now I wish I had got on the ball 20 years ago! Too soon
we get old and too late smart.
    Do what you have to to get a pump because you will be here long after
your old doctor has retired!

Good luck,

Buddy '-)   email @ redacted
Buddy '-)   email @ redacted