Re: [IP] What's That Wire?

Hi Joanne

I had many of the same concerns as I am an officer in a bank and wear a
suit as a matter of routine.  I have the Minimed 507 and wear it clipped
to my waistband with the tubing tucked into my skirt or my stockings.
Some days the tubing just seem to roam if I don't tuck it in the
stokings, some days not...go figure, I guess its just an agravation
factor.  Tucking the tubing in stockings has not caused any dificulties
for me.  My main concession was the addition of belts to my suits.
Generally wide elastic web ones.  I found that skirts tend to rotate
when off balanced with the pump.  The belt stays put, or if it moves
it's not as bad as having you skirt do a dance around your body ;)  As i
am in a suit the jacket generally covers the pump so I don't get many
questions about it.

With jeans I like the belt loop that Minimed sells.  Women have waists
which are not intended to hang onto things stuck to belts!  When I was
active I would worry about it popping off the belt.  The belt loop is
basically as pouch that the pump fits into that clips to your belt
loop.  It is firmly attached but swings off your hip.  No more pokes in
the waist when bending and no possiblity of it falling off.

Hope this helps!  Good luck and enjoy the pump when you get it.

Lynn
mailto:email @ redacted

--
ࡱ