Re: [IP] Doctors needing control (was:Sliding Scale Insulin Dose)

I found this letter confusing.  Her doctor switched her to one basal rate?
This isn't even close to being logical.  Think about it.  You sleep and night,
requiring a different amount of insulin then when you're busy during the day.
I am on 5 different basal rates.  I'm not sure if this is really a case of a
Dr. needing control or of general incompentance.  I've worked with Drs. for 20
years now.  I participated in the DCCT study for almost 8 years.  One basal
rate seems.....well.....there is something wrong with this picture.......
Judy