Re: Relationships and Diabetes (was Re: [IP] new 'set sites')

When I was diagnosed, my neighbor wouldn't let me swim in her pool anymore
because "her father was diabetic and she knew". I always wondered what it was
"she knew". :)

The kids at school were told by their folks, "See, that's what happens when
you eat too much sugar."

I told one amerous young man, that there was only one way you could get
diabetes (wink, wink, nudge, nudge). :)  scared the blank outta him.

Overall: I'd say my family treated diabetes "too" normal. I grew up not taking
it seriously enough and ignored it for way way way too many years.

Katie