[IP] Residents

My husband's family has 5 docs within it.  One is an internist, then we have a couple of urologists, orthopods, etc.  Now that they have been working for awhile, they have regained their humanity.  However, something has to get them through the sleepless weeks ( yes, I did them too in grad school, but not with repetitive reoccurrences) and the ego is handy....I found that an honest "you're not an endo or my doc, please let me handle this myself, works well.  My strongest advocate now in Jon's family was the most difficult (i.e. biggest ego) to deal with, but I'm glad that I took the time because he's a great guy and a friend.  There are, unfortunately, some jerks out there, but even they can be cured.
Take care,
Lori
dx'71, MM507 1/98, Humalog