Re: [IP] What is the life of a pump?

Cindy Bon wrote:
> I have been using the MiniMed 507 for almost a year now.  I am curious to know
> if anyone knows how long a pump lasts?

I've had mine for slightly ovver 4 years, and it still works fine. The case
shows the wear slightly, but that's all.

I know MiniMed take care of warrenty
> things, but when do you just scrap it and get a new pump?

Depends on your insurance coverage and how they feel about replacing it
at such expense, I suppose. Actually I've seen times that people online
have given their older pump to a needy friend when they replace their own.

Ted Quick