Re: [IP] What is the life of a pump?

Hi,

I used my MiniMed 504-S for 4 years and then bought a 506.  The 504 was
still fine, sort of bashed up and the screen was getting hard to read
because I didn't use a case, but my husband came into some money and bought
me the new pump as a gift.

I have been using the 506 for five years and have not had a problem until
recent unexplained "no delivery" alarms.  It still looks great, since I
changed where I wore it and use a case now and the new  pump casing is very
superior to the 504-S, which had a coating that tended to flake off.  I am
hoping it will hold on until MiniMed comes out with whatever comes after
the 507.

Janine
type 1, 18 years
pump, 13 years

>Hello,
>
>I have been using the MiniMed 507 for almost a year now.  I am curious to know
>if anyone knows how long a pump lasts?  I know MiniMed take care of warrenty
>things, but when do you just scrap it and get a new pump?  Not a major
>question, just wondering.  Thanks.
>
>Cindy

Vancouver, BC, Canada