To: email @ redacted
From: email @ redacted on Thu, Mar 5, 1998 12:51 PM
Subject: Re: [IP] spreading the skin
RFC Header:Received: by omnibus.ce.psu.edu with SMTP;5 Mar 1998 12:51:11 -0500
From: Mjrenstrom <email @ redacted>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1998 12:48:48 EST
To: email @ redacted
Sender: email @ redacted

DanO wrote:

> I'm going to try this as well, but it occurs to me that for a site that is
>  not 'well-padded', do you have to perhaps approach at a shallower angle in
>  order to avoid hitting muscle?  I usually use about a 30-degree angle since
>  I am also on the lean side, but I sure don't want to hit muscle...been
>  there, done that, it hurts like a son-of-a-gun, and you end up starting
over.

DanO--

I try to insert at that angle too.  I think what I _actually_ did was let up
on the spreading as soon as I felt the needle "pop through" my skin.  For me,
that is the toughest part.  Once it goes through, I can slide it easily.  Good
luck,

MJ