Re: [IP] Re:Lifescan's "One Touch" software

Hi Kevin-

Hi Randy-

I have a LifeScan OneTouch Profile Meter.  You can order a cable and
OneTouch software program from LifeScan to go with your meter.  I think it
costs around $75 for the software and cable.  I got mine free by sending in
upc symbols from my one touch test strip boxes.   I also got a second meter
free by saving the upc codes from strip boxes.

The software is easy to install.  Although 2 of the dll files it requires
are dated and might not agree with some of your other win95 apps.   I have
tips for getting around this problem.

The download process is easy.  Plug in the cable and click on the meter
download picture.  Here come all the readings automatically!!

The OneTouch Profile is a bit more sophisticated than some glucose meters.
You can track your insulin dosages, type of insulin, boluses, carbs, events,
and glucose readings directly in the meter.  Whenever you're ready, transfer
the data from the meter to your pc.  You get all kinds of logs, bar charts,
line charts, scatter charts, histograghs, etc.  Your dr. or endo will LOVE
you when you arrive for your appointments with this data in your hands!!
You can print charts and logs based on whatever date range you want.  When
you do the data transfer, it pulls ALL the readings from the meter
including, the bg's, insulin amts, dates, times, insulin types, boluses,
carbs, and events (pre breakfast, breakfast, pre lunch, lunch, pre dinner,
dinner, bedtime, illnesss, hypoglycemia, different food, etc....)  The great
thing about this meter, is that I no longer have to maintain a manual log
book.  The meter colletcts it all.  It took me about 4 weeks to get used to
the meter.  But it's helped me immensely.  I HATED keeping a log book!  The
OneTouch Profile makes me and my endo very happy!

I have 2 OneTouch Profile meters.  I keep one at home and carry one with me
always.  The nice thing about the InTouch software is that I can download
from BOTH meters, and it sorts all the entries from BOTH meters into the
correct date and time sequence.

All in all, I love my OneTouch Profile Meter.  It's a nifty little machine.

Becky Draper

--
Becky Draper
Hammond, WI