Re: [IP] Highs on humalog

Bob,

Thanks for sharing your story.  Since returning to straight Velosulin at the
end of January, I haven't had any of those "I feel dizzy, but my blood sugar
is fine" episodes like I was having with Humalog.  I also haven't had any of
those persistent "it takes 45 minutes to bring my blood sugar from 45 to 90"
episodes, either.  I DO miss the quick onset of Humalog.  My post-prandial
readings are a bit higher than with Humalog but generally under 160 so I guess
I'm OK.  I continue to bolus right before I eat because I'm never sure how
much I'll eat till I actually fill my plate.   Fortunately, I didn't ever
develop the site-loss issues with Humalog.  But then, I was only on it for two
and a half months.

IMHO, if someone is using Humalog, a square wave bolus, or a divided bolus is
well-advised.  As Sara said, Humalog is "Rocket Insulin" and it is hard for
your body to take all that go-juice at once.

Mary Jean