Re: [IP] Lily needs a little help with new 'set sites'

Michael:
    Melissa's been really sick with bronchitis for several days now, so guess
I'm elected to "speak" for her!!....
     I actually watched her contort herself around, grab a chunk of flesh in
her mid-butt region & insert the Silhouette.  She wanted ME to do it, but I
kept tickling her too much!!!..Specifically, she wears bikini underwear & the
insertion piece is about 2 inches below the panty line..Does NOT hinder her
sitting down, but the other night, her sister shoved her & when she fell on
her butt, it bothered her enough that she decided to change out the set...
    After totally avoiding her stomach for about 3 wks now, we think we're
seeing a lessening of the swollen area there & it doesn't feel as hard as
before. More importantly, her last A1C was her worst ever on the pump, which
her endo felt was due to the recent 300 readings she was getting when she was
attempting to use her thighs & also due to the apparently poor absorption her
stomach was giving. (Despite measuring 3 months worth of readings, the A1C
apparently reflects the impact of the preceding few weeks the most.)
      HOWEVER, she's getting very strange readings & has been low almost every
day - but never at the same time.  The weirdest one was 2 days ago when she
was 250 at 11:30 p.m. (having taken a  large bolus at 6:30 from her pump with
velosulin)..An hour later she was 190...She checked around 1:30 and she was
140....At 2:30 a.m. I was awakened by the sound of her meter going on & asked
if she was "low"...And she was 45!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....WHAT was she dropping so
much on?..Could the velosulin still have been working 8 hours
later????????...Fed her 2 juice paks & 6 peanut butter crackers (appr. 55
grams) & several hours later she was 155 & stayed there all
       Group question: has anyone else noticed a pattern of going LOW prior to
illness or during an illness???...No fever, but the doctor dx'd bronchitis
yesterday.....In 5 1/2 years of dealing with the mysteries of Melissa's bgs,
have to admit THIS one really had me stumped?????
       Sorry to be so wordy...

Renee