[IP] Buddy's reply to Profile

In a message dated 98-03-02 23:54:15 EST, Buddy wrote:

>  Over the long haul you "should" head off a lot of the
>  complications the older folks like Sara and I already developed

First of all, I RESENT THAT OLDER REMARK

Secondly, kiss my big ole butt buddy!!!  I know people with diabetes for only
5 years who have worse problems than me or you!!!   I had about 18 years of
bad control until I went on the pump and have since been trying to turn my
life around.  Forgive me if I indulge in a bowl of ice cream or a few of those
other "verbotten" treats.  Isn't tha the whole point of having this education
and technology???

Not to point a finger, but maybe if my parents hadn't practically ignored my
diabetes for the first 10 years, then MAYBE I would be a little healthier
today, BUT they did the best with what they were given by the doctors.  In
fact, I blame (if blame has to be placed) on those "professionals" - the
doctors and nurses who FAILEd to educate me and them properly.  I am not
stupid, nor are my parents, but the "professionals" I trusted or tried to
trust did not teach me the right things.  It wasn't until I was an adult and
understood that this world doesn't operate as it ought to and I went on my own
search for knowledge that I could properly understand my disease

I am certainly not gonna sit around here feeling GUILTY about something I had
no control over.  If the ass hole professionals had taken the time to teach me
in the frist place and then as advances were made, kept me and my parents
abreast of them, then maybe things would be better for me today.

leave me alone Buddy!!!  My stomach hurts and you are aggravating it - just
letting you know cuz you know I love you and I cant just sit here feeling all
pissed off  at you when I know you live within shooting distance of my daddy

*-(=8 xoxx
Sara   (no ever-present grin today...sorry)