RE: [IP] EXERCISE - TAE KWON DO

I wouldn't worry too much about getting kicked at the infusion site.  I have
5 year old twins and they have always loved to climb and jump on me.
Several times their foot or something would land right on my infusion set.
It didn't hurt any more than having a foot land anywhere on your stomach
would.  :-)  I have always used the bent needle infusion set, so I don't
think that should be a reason to use the Sof Set.  I would recommend
disconnecting from the pump during your exercise because if someone were to
kick the pump, that could hurt them, you and the pump.  It is easy to do
with quick release infusion sets (bent needle QR or Sof Set QR).  I have
just started to exercise right before dinner time.  I am still working out
how to adjust my rates, but I don't eat beforehand unless I am under about
120.  Then I will have a small snack, an apple or graham crackers.  During
exercise, my sugars have been really good.  They tend to rise later so I
think I am dropping my basal rate too much.  Everyone needs to do the
experiments for themselves to figure out how to adjust, but I really think
it is do-able.

- Jodi