Re: [IP] Inserting IFsets

email @ redacted wrote:

> I have a quetion - I use the silhouette infusion set. Are you supposed
> to bolus after it is inserted to fill the cannula?

Yes, about 0.5 or 0.6 units needs to be bolused as soon as it's in place.
Otherwise you'll be receiving NNE until it's been filled by whatever
basal rate you're on then.

I have been on the
> pump for one month. So this is new for me. Most people say the abdomen
> is most confortable, which I have found to be true. what other cites are
> confortable? I tried fifferent areas around my hips and backside, but
> they sometimes hurt.

I find the areas on hips or butt tend to hurt mostly because they get hit
by other things hen I move around a LOT more than my abdominal sites.
You can also use the areas on arms and legs normally used for taking shots,
but absorption tends to be a LOT slower, which can mess up the control
a pump aims to achieve.

Could it be because it is too close to muscle?
> (I am slim and muscular)

Possibly. Try inserting the set at a shallower angle to avoid it. Just
be sure it goes into a layer of fat, rather than a highly muscular
are. Your doctor should have a chart of good areas to shoot.

Ted Quick
email @ redacted
Type 1 for 41+ years, MM506 pump for 4.1+ years with Comfort infusion sets and
Humalog

 I need some advice, please.