Re: [IP] Urine testing

Hmmm, I thought that the 'normal' renal threshold for glucose was around 180
mg/dl.  Mine has krept upwards over the years (kidneys getting tired), and
is about 220 now, but I can't imagine that a healthy child wouldn't spill
until 300.  Do children have a higher threshold than adults for some reason?

This is of great interest to me, because I have a 7-year-old that we're
watching closely for any signs of the disease.  We have him tested yearly
for Islet Cell Autoantibodies (ICA's), and do monthly urine tests as well
(usually after he eats something sugary).

Can anyone shed any light on this renal threshold question?

DanO
--------