Re: [IP] Urine testing is STILL stupid

In a message dated 98-03-01 17:51:47 EST, Buddy wrote:

>  $50.00 for a brand new meter and $25 for a box of strips is nothing for the
>  satisfaction.........SNIP

I have only bought one meter in me entire 20+ years of diabetes  BUT I have
been given at least 8, just for a)showing up at pump support group on the
right night, b) getting on Lifescans mailing list and them sending me my
choice  c) sending in an old meter and getting a different brand (WITH a box
of strips)

Many of the companies will GIVE you the meter...their money is made in the
strips.

And now that I have reached max for the year...send your kids to me - all my
strips are free now...as is everything else (OF COURSE I AM ASSUMING MY
INSURANCE ISN"T GONNA CANCEL ME WHEN THEY GET THE $18K bill from Northwestern
- which doesn't include any of the NY stint, or any of the doctor/radiologist
etc charges - in the words of Bart Simpson  AIEEE CARUMBA!!

*-)=8 xoxx
Sara