RE: [IP] Lori and exercise ... again

Brad,
I increase my basal because if I don't, my bgs slowly increase and about 4 hours after exercise I am about 200 with 3+ ketones.  Normally I don't spill any until at least 300.  My exercise time is 11:45 am.  This first increase happens at about 4.  I have gathered bgs at a minimum every hour (one day I did 1/2 hours to make certain that a low wasn't slipping by).  I gathered scads of data, but right now, if I want to exercise I have to increase my basal.  Yes to your other question, I have read all of Pumping Insulin.  It was only after I decreased my intensity level that I could manage to keep away from the problems even with the increased basal.  Now I begin to fall at about 4, so I enter a second temporary basal that is a few tenths (.2 - .3) less than my normal.  The exact level varies and depends upon how fast I am falling.
Lori