 From: email @ redacted <email @ redacted>
On Behalf Of Phoenix Becker
Sent: Friday, June 12, 2020 5:19 PM
To: Insulin Pumpers <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] Does anyone have experience trying to return a pump?

Hi pumpers,

 I want to thank everyone who responded to my recent Tandem issues post. I feel
so much better hearing that others have had similar issues.

 After a lot of insisting, I got a remote meeting with my original pump trainer,
who was actually very good, and much like Laura she felt part of my problem was
my low basal rates. I actually filled a cartridge with her to make sure I was
'doing it right'. Because of my formalin allergy I can only take Apidra, which
contributes to all my occlusion issues, as a last ditch effort to make it work,
my trainer has me filling a new cartridge and tubing every day to see if that
can stop the occlusions. My mom feels it is an unreasonable waste of supplies,
insulin and time, which it might be considering I never had these issues with
Mini Med or Animas, but I feel I should at least test it out.

 I also had a remote appointment with my endocrinologist and she felt the whole
thing had gone on too long and wanted to at least explore if I could get a
different pump covered. I have not had any occlusions since Monday, so I'm
feeling a lot better. Partially it may be the cooler weather, but the once a day
thing may also be helping. My endo is concerned about it getting worse as the
weather gets really hot.

 My pump trainer felt the Control IQ may not be able to handle my low basal
rates to higher bolus insulin use (30% basal, 70% bolus). I don't really know
what to do about that because if I raise my basal rates I go low. My endo felt
strongly that I needed to stop trying to adjust the Control IQ and just turn it
off. Since turning it off I've been really amazed by how it just instantly fixed
things. My bg stopped yoyoing and went flat and the horrible basal suspend highs
went away. I was really feeling sick, and now I feel so much better.

Thanks to each person who helped me by sharing ideas and experiences.

Phoenix
 Donate with every purchase http://smile.amazon.com/ (select your charity =
Insulin Pumpers)