RE: [IP] 670G

 Deliveries of 50,000 "pre-approved" 670's will be complete this fall. With
warranty up in 2018 there "shouldn't" be an issue moving straight to the 670 and
bypassing the 630 all together.

 -------- Original message --------From: Adam Brock
<email @ redacted> Date: 6/23/17 9:08
AM (GMT-08:00) To: email @ redacted Subject: RE: [IP] 670G
 I wish I would've done more research on what happens with Medtronic when the
 pump goes out of warranty. I think the 630 came out 3 months after I got my
751,
and I was kind of miffed.

  When the pump goes out of warranty almost nothing changes. Medtronic will
still
provide support for it, and in the event there is a hardware malfunction,
they'll still replace it overnight! However, when they do the overnight
replacement they immediately start the process with insurance to get you
approved for another pump (with a 4 year warranty). I guess you could get
screwed if your insurance wasn't going to cover the new pump, but usually that
far into the sales process they have already done a pre-auth with insurance.

 You might want to consider staying out of warranty for a while until the 670
becomes more available.