Re: [IP] IOB Question

 Another way to determine insulin on board is to divide the dose by the number
of hours your insulin is active. That tells how much insulin is used per hour.
So if you take five units of insulin that lasts five hours, and you took the
dose two hours ago, your IOB is three.

Sent from my iPad

wrote:

 > I've found the engineering/scientific specifications for the insulin the most
helpful. It is engineered/designed to be used at a particular rate. Humalog is
used at about 30% 30% 30% 10% and regular is more like 20% 20% 20% 20% 20%. I
have an excel chart that I made that predicts where my glucose should be for
hours 1-5 and it seems to work exactly as the spec says. I've never used apidra
though.

 > Using the specification (that comes with the insulin from the pharmacy) you
can also predict how much insulin is onboard.