[IP] Re: Insulin on Board (IOB)

 The Medtronic Minimed 551 pump has insulin marker as the third option in the
Capture Event menu. It allows the user to enter a manual insulin bolus injection
in units. Once the insulin dosage is entered, it will be included in the IOB
calculation. I have never used this feature but I have used the Capture Event
menu for carbohydrate grams, such as glucose tablets, in the meal marker, and
also for entering significant exercise events. I believe Capture Event is also
available on earlier versions of MM pumps.

 This is certainly a better option than wasting insulin at a cost of over $200
per vial.

Jerry Smith