From: "Jane Midkiff" <email @ redacted>
To: email @ redacted
Sent: Monday, June 15, 2015 7:13:52 PM
Subject: Re: [IP] Average A1c

B Whew. Sorry to hear about the broken ankle. But I agree with you. For a 66
yo I
apparently do more then most of my friends. I have horses and a tractor and do
my own fencing plus go to an exercise class and so far no side effects from 30
years of being diabetic type 1. My A1C is usually 7. It kind of goes with not
everyone that is only 100 lbs is healthy. A person can weigh more then the
charts advise but be very fit as opposed to someone that meets the charts
requirements. We are each different and should be cared for accordingly.

Hope you are healed up by now.

Jane

B > On Jun 15, 2015, at 5:27 PM,
email @ redacted wrote:

> Aside from the from-birth kidney issue, all I have healthwise is type 1 D. I
> am very active, and except for the rigors of type 1 (all the testing etc) I
> don't live unlike any other healthy person in their early 60's.B B Since I
> don't have major lows very often at all (usually due to my error in carb
> counting) or highs (either carb counting error or my infusion set as slipped
> off - that doesn't happen now that I glue it on with skin tac). My main
point
> is that our Endos should look at us as different individuals.B B To assume a
> one size fits all in this age group etc is a disservice. It's right up there
B > with assuming anything that you present to a healthcare provider is
D-related.
> Unfortunately, having type 1 doesn't mean we can't "enjoy" other
B > mishaps...like a broken ankle from mountain climbing. And I wasn't low
when
it
> happened.
> As you all can tell, I kinda have an attitude.

(select your charity = Insulin Pumpers)