From: "Kathie Kienle" <email @ redacted>
To: email @ redacted
Sent: Monday, June 15, 2015 9:48:50 AM
Subject: [IP] Average A1c

B I am 68 years old and have had type1 diabetes for 22 years with no
complications. My A1c was under 7 until recently it went to a 7.2. My endo was
not very concerned but my nephrologist, who treats me for a condition not
related to diabetes, insisted that it needed to go lower which I agree. . My
nephrologist always wanted it no higher than 6.5. I managed to go from a 7.2
down to a 6.7 in three months. but my nephrologist now wants it closer to 6.0.
What goal does your doctors set for you?

B I would like to know if there is any info on the average A1c for type 1
diabetics using an insulin pump.

Kathie

Sent from my iPad
(select your charity = Insulin Pumpers)