[IP] Average A1c

 I am 68 years old and have had type1 diabetes for 22 years with no
complications. My A1c was under 7 until recently it went to a 7.2. My endo was
not very concerned but my nephrologist, who treats me for a condition not
related to diabetes, insisted that it needed to go lower which I agree. . My
nephrologist always wanted it no higher than 6.5. I managed to go from a 7.2
down to a 6.7 in three months. but my nephrologist now wants it closer to 6.0.
What goal does your doctors set for you?

 I would like to know if there is any info on the average A1c for type 1
diabetics using an insulin pump.

Kathie

Sent from my iPad