Re: [IP] Re: FDA Approved trial for 100 year old vaccine use on T1 D!

It's a bit more complicated than that.  Your strep throat was treated,
but there probably was a secondary infection, possibly a virus.  Your
adrenal glands responded by dumping stress hormones into your body,
which raises blood glucose...and the diminished number of functioning
beta cells in your pancreas couldn't deal with it.  There was an ongoing
process of T-lymphocytes killing off the insulin producing cells because
something about the islet cells made the T-cells think that they were
foreign.

When I was in school, I learned about "Leaky Gut Syndrome" in
conjunction with milk, and now the Wheat Belly doctor thinks that wheat
and grains cause certain susceptible individuals to have their
intestinal walls become abnormally porous.  That permits small
protein-like particles to float around in interstitial fluid.
Eventually, they make their way to the pancreas beta cells and attach to
the cells. Whether it's wheat, milk or strawberry jello or a
combination, it doesn't matter. Something marks those insulin producing
cells for destruction.

My mother was the first person in my family to get diabetes that we know
for sure had diabetes.  My grandmother said that an aunt died young
under strange circumstances, but she was a peasant in Czechoslovakia.
Was id diabetes or cancer or something else? Nobody knows.  The
prevailing theory of T1 diabetes during the '50s and '60s was that a
person inherited 2 genes for it, one from each parent.  All other people
received only one gene, so they got T2 diabetes.  Well, some guy in
Italy debunked that theory in the 1970s by proving that T1 is
autoimmune. Mom was so worried that my sibs and I would get diabetes,
every time one of us hurled, she's be right there with a jar to collect
a urine sample for a Clinitest. But I was the only one who every tested
positive that way.  After Halloween in 1963, I had the flu and a 4+
urine sugar.  By the time I got to a doctor, BG and urine was back to
normal.  My infection was over and done with, my adrenal glands were no
longer producing excess levels of stress hormones and life was good -
until 1966 by which time my T-cells had really done a number on my
pancreas.  But the destruction of my beta cells began a long time before
1963 and continued on for years.

Denise Br.