[IPn] ADA day 2

A couple of interesting things.

The company that wholesales the $10.50 strips to CVS and Walgreens
has a new low cost glucose meter with a public API (application
interface) that talks to smart phones. My understanding is that this
is the only public API with NO STRINGS ATTACHED so it raises the
possibility that some time in the future this meter could be used for
lots of "smart" applications with other devices. Hopefully we will
hear more in the future.

Next, Medtronic had their new "artificial pancreas" pump at the show
but absolutely would not talk to anyone from the USA about it. So...
if you are interested, here's the link from the Australia website

https://www.medtronic-
diabetes.com.au/sites/default/files/MTR0144_640G_Intro_Brochure_v4-
LR%202.pdf

...and, I'm stilling begging for matching funds for the remaining $$
from the open challenge. Help pay for the trip to ADA, and IP's
mission to improve the quality of life for members of the diabetes
community.

Thanks,
Michael Robinton
Executive Director