From: "Signe Myhren" <email @ redacted>
To: email @ redacted
Sent: Monday, June 30, 2014 4:28:36 AM
Subject: [IP] Insulin Infusion Sites

B Thanks to all who responded about my question about WHERE to infuse insulin,
for best results. Some of you responded in terms of WHAT infusion set to use,
and in fact I had already consulted with Medtronic, who assured me that, for
the
slender folk like me, the Paradigm Silhouette (which I use) is the set of
choice.

B I awoke with a BG of 197 this morning, which disgusts me, as I had bolused
at
bedtime, and again when my CGM alerted me to a high of 170 at around 2:00 a.m.
This was with a Silhouette in the abdomen, after having used no abdominal
infusion sites for one month.

B This is the number one most frustrating part of pumping insulin, for me! My
endo said my thighs are useless for infusing insulin (muscular, with lots of
blood vessels at the surface and no fat,) and I have already discussed the
high
BGs I got when trying the buttocks (400, with the infusion site intact and no
blood in the cannula.) I live alone, and cannot depend upon a partner to help
me
insert a site into the upper arm. And yes, I have tried the OmniPod, for a
solid
year. It was my first pump. I could use it on my arms, but I developed a
pretty
severe allergy to its adhesive. I am about to get the 530 G next week.

Thank you again.

Signe

Sent from my iPad