Re: [IP] Re: A basal question for all of you

 I have found that the basal rates can be used to help prevent going high
especially in preventing nighttime lows. At times I will go 0.00 for two or
three hours between dinner and bedtime to help prevent nighttime lows. My goal
is to have very minimal bolus at dinner, I have found that with correct nightime
basal settings and no bolus insulin remaining at bed time I seldom go low in my
sleep.

 By knowing how many hours my bolus lasts, in my case 6 hours, by eating at six
PM, at midnight there is no bolus remaining. Eating low carb dinner minimizes my
bolus so that when I retire at eleven or so, there is very little bolus left,
perhaps .1 to .3 units of active insulin, and if my blood sugar is on the low
side and active insulin is a bit high, I take enough carb to cover bring it
prevent going low.

Richard

Sent from my iPad