[IP] IP re: insulin infusion sites

 Phyllis, if you try Quicksets instead you can insert with one hand without
looking. You just need the other hand to pull out the needle but you don't need
to be able to see.

 The butt is variable for me. Quicksets don't work there because when I lay on
my back at night it gets pushed into muscle. In the daytime they're great until
the first night. So I nixed them. I use Silhouettes there instead (I have help
inserting). Sometimes they work fine but other times a problem develops. The
other day I was fine for a few hours then went up and stayed high. Turns out
there was blood in the catheter. I think every time I sat or stood the waistband
of my pants would catch and rub on it. Another time I had a similar problem and
my theory was that it was too far on the outside of my butt towards my side so
when I rolled over from my back to side at night and vice versa it got messed
up. So as long as they're in just the right location on the butt they work.

 I can't use my thighs at all. I never could with shots either. Absorption is
terrible for me. I do use the front and sides of my thighs for my CGM though and
it works great.

 I recently started using the backs of my arms for infusion sites (also for
CHM). It worked well but the tubing is a problem unless I wear long enough
sleeves to cover it, so no good in the summer. You need help inserting there
though. I use Quicksets there because I can detach/reattach them with one hand
unlike with Silhouttes.

Silhouettes work well on my lower back but again you need help inserting.

 I'm not that big and am fairly lean/muscular so it's a constant problem finding
good sites. That's my biggest problem after twenty years of pumping. My stomach
has been overused so I try to go as long as possible before returning to it. My
A1C's have risen to about 7.8 lately because of site troubles. I'll get a good
site and blood sugars will be beautiful until I change sites and then with
another site I'll be in the 200s all day and have to increase my basals by about
20-30% or else shoot up to 400 and start throwing up and have to replace the
set. It's very frustrating. Pam

Sent from my iPad