From: "Signe Myhren" <email @ redacted>
To: email @ redacted
Sent: Friday, June 27, 2014 6:35:15 AM
Subject: [IP] Insulin Infusion Sites

Pumpers:

When I saw my endo last week, I told her I had attempted to infuse through the
buttocks, for the first time in a long time. I use Apidra, and a Paradigm
Silhouette. I told her that the absorption seemed inconsistent, compared with
my abdomen. I went high during the day, lower than I wanted during the night,
and then my BG shot up to 400 two hours after breakfast, despite it having
been 128 before breakfast and my having not gone extremely low during the
night. B She said she dislikes her patients wearing infusion sets in the
buttocks, for that reason. I just found this article, which seems to say that
Apidra is absorbed evenly, no matter where is is injected. It is an article
about injections rather than infusing through a pump, but I am just wondering
- How do the rest of you Pumpers fare with buttock infusion sites?

http://www.dlife.com/diabetes/insulin/injecting_insulin/joy_pape/injecting_in
sulin?utm_source=Update-20140627&utm_medium=eNewsletter&utm_content=Update-ne
wsletter&utm_campaign=dLife-eNewsletter&

Thanks!

Signe
Sent from my iPad