From: "Laura Shapiro" <email @ redacted>
To: "email @ redacted" <email @ redacted>
Sent: Friday, June 27, 2014 8:43:35 AM
Subject: Re: [IP] Animas Customer Service?????

<Did you change insurance companies when you switched to MiniMed? If not;
your
cost factor should not have changed.>
Yes, due to the ACA, I had to choose a new HMO and new plan which has only 30
percent supply and DME coverage. I do have a stash of supplies to use up
before I order, and I do have a working ping and supplies for it as well.
Btw, when this all happened with my Animas pump, someone there said the
government ordered them to stop sending full boxes of infusion sets and
cartridges...more than a customer needed in a certain umber of months.
Really???
I liked my Ping, in fact I still have it and it works fine. B But this
situation really stressed me out. B I even referenced the fact that, hadnt the
rep and Gentiva heard of natural disasters and the need for spares? Comparable
to when my old pharmacy said diabetics do not need more than one vial of
insulin on hand.
Grrrr,
Laura S.