Re: [IP] Animas Customer Service?????

 I got a different story. They said they could not send partial boxes, so
instead of 45 sets/90 days they could only send me 4 boxes, i.e. 80 days'
supply. What was I supposed to do for the other 10 days -- go without insulin?
Finally they decided they would bill medicare every 80 days. We'll see if it
works. Sarah
On Jun 27, 2014, at 8:43 AM, Laura Shapiro wrote:

> <Did you change insurance companies when you switched to MiniMed? If not;
> your
> cost factor should not have changed.>
>
> Yes, due to the ACA, I had to choose a new HMO and new plan which has only 30
> percent supply and DME coverage. I do have a stash of supplies to use up
> before I order, and I do have a working ping and supplies for it as well.
>
> Btw, when this all happened with my Animas pump, someone there said the
> government ordered them to stop sending full boxes of infusion sets and
> cartridges...more than a customer needed in a certain umber of months.
> Really???
> I liked my Ping, in fact I still have it and it works fine.  But this
> situation really stressed me out.  I even referenced the fact that, hadnt the
 > rep and Gentiva heard of natural disasters and the need for spares?
Comparable