From: Susan Lane <email @ redacted>
To: email @ redacted
Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2011 9:23 PM
Subject: Re: [IP] Medicare ALJ case

Denise, it's curious to me when you state in point 3, the life expectancy of
a type I is 68 years.  I have a friend who does some kind of work in the
insurance world and he studies life expectancy as it pertains to life
insurance policies and he said that diabetics who take care of their
diabetes live a long natural life.  In other words, the disease does not cut
your life short.  The lack of caring for the disease may though.

I'd like to know if anyone else knows about this.  I'm "lucky" because I
didn't get the disease as a child.  I got it at the old age of 57.