From: Julie Miley <email @ redacted>
To: Insulinpumpers <email @ redacted>
Sent: Thu, June 30, 2011 2:57:30 PM
Subject: [IP] Infusion cannula in veins?

Hi everyone:

I just did an infusion site change and there is a little bit of blood coming
back up the tubing.  Not much, mind you, just about 1/4 inch worth above the
cannula.  I'm thinking maybe my needle went through a capillary when I
injected
the infusion set.  I'm closely monitoring this.

How much chance is there of actually having the end of the cannula resting IN
vein?  I'm assuming there would be a "lot" of blood coming back up the tubing,
but not sure.  Since most of you have been pumping way longer than me, I
thought
I'd ask about this, here.

Also, I had just changed infusion set and reservoir yesterday; however, after
that, my BGs were running a lot higher than usual. Even my waking BG this
morning was a little over 200!  I decided maybe the cannula was in scar tissue
and that's why I did a site change.  Now that particular area is off limits
for
being a site.  My BG has come down a lot, too, good to have a number under 150
again!

DenverJulie