[IP] Infusion cannula in veins?

Hi everyone:

I just did an infusion site change and there is a little bit of blood
coming back up the tubing.  Not much, mind you, just about 1/4 inch
worth above the cannula.  I'm thinking maybe my needle went through a
capillary when I injected the infusion set.  I'm closely monitoring this.

How much chance is there of actually having the end of the cannula
resting IN a vein?  I'm assuming there would be a "lot" of blood coming
back up the tubing, but not sure.  Since most of you have been pumping
way longer than me, I thought I'd ask about this, here.

Also, I had just changed infusion set and reservoir yesterday; however,
after that, my BGs were running a lot higher than usual. Even my waking
BG this morning was a little over 200!  I decided maybe the cannula was
in scar tissue and that's why I did a site change.  Now that particular
area is off limits for being a site.  My BG has come down a lot, too,
good to have a number under 150 again!

DenverJulie