Re: [IP] Pump vacation

Oh...I see that you are on a Ping.  So am I.  After a couple of months
of really strange, uncontrollable BGs, I called Animas C/S.  They told
me that it must be scar tissue.  I said, "Oh...I have plenty of room on
my abdomen to use for sites."  I asked them what clued people in that
the cartridges that got recalled were bad and the C/S person said that
people could either smell insulin behind the O-ring at the back of the
cartridge after using them, or, better yet, insulin collected in the
space behind the O-ring or in the well where the cartridge sits in the pump.

After a couple more weeks of lousy BGs, I was lying on my bed when I got
a No Prime alarm.  Because it was my second one of the day and I was
annoyed with it, I yanked the cartridge out.  The insulin that had been
leaking into the cartridge well came out onto my shirt, with a very
noticeable aroma.

Having no faith in any of the cartridges that I had, I called C/S again
and asked to trade them in...so I sent in 4 boxes with lot #'s B201541
and B201629.  Some of these are the cartridges that Animas sent out to
replace the ones that were recalled in February of this year.  They sent
me 4 new boxes, but my account shows that they are billing.  However, my
account balance shows as 0, so I will keep my eye on it.

Animas is supposedly looking at the leaking cartridge to see what gives
with the O-ring.

Now...I am thinking Omnipod for my next pump.  If I can talk my
insurance company into it, I'd switch right now.  Animas is burning up
too much insulin and my A1C is higher than it should be, IMHO.

Denise B.